I Think Therefore I Am

Saturday, October 28, 2006

DON(t)

After a flattering,"Superb" review from some of my friends about DON, I was enticed to watch the Farhan Akhtar directed modern-day adaptation of Don..I'll be frank in saying that I was not too enamored with the original,but I had some decent expectations from FA's team,after what he did with DCH and Lakshya!!

Missed the first few minutes of the movie,but now I'm glad I was spared!!The movie starring Hakla,with Kareena reprising Helen's role had created a lot of hype pre-release..Sample this from Indiadaily courtesy greatbong!!(I wonder how could I miss such hot news tit-bits for so long,had it not been for greatbong, i would have been in the dark about so many things!!!) SRK Says sexy Kareena fails to seduce him from the back
The movie also starred Priyanka Chopra who "supposedly" had this to say about her male co-stars in Bollywood,courtesy Indiadaily again Priyanka Chopra likes to flirt with Bollywood males not become slave of love with any of these smelly creatures

SRK as the suave don is manageable,but as the village bumpkin fails misearbly,no comparisons with Big B here!!Everyone knows the story so nothing of the plot here..There's an unexpected twist at the end,some special effects during car-chase sequences and the like,and Boman Irani which are worth a watch.

My readers know I cannot have words of praise for Hakla,but I'll be "very generous" this time around..He's "OK",period....Expecting anything more for his acting skills is asking for a little toooo much.One of the nicest messages he advocates is Don doesn't smoke,and now that Ive "finally" quit,courtesy my sister who had read my earlier blogs and I couldnt keep her in the dark, thats one social message well conveyed to the junta.
Priyanka's cool,Isha looks great to the eye,Arjun does just fine.Kareena could have been dispensed with..She looks so plump when she shakes her booty to that immortal Helen dance number.With the weight she's putting on,boyfriend Shahid beware(He seems to be getting prepared for "Vivah" soon,but lemme tell u that's a dud even b4 it releases!!)

To all those who havent,DON(t) C DON!!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger KNK said…

    What can i say??..i will term this review a "biased" one...if one name shahrukh as "hakla", clearly one is "biased" against him..i am not inmplying anywhere that you should like the movie..thats a personal choice, and likeness depends on your taste...For ex, i did not like "sholay" that much but that does not make "sholay" a bad movie...but after watching sholay, i did not go all out using "profane" remarks to their leading characters...

    I AM NOT GOING TO REVIEW DON HERE AS THIS IS NOT MY SPACE...BUT JUST THINK, IF A MOVIE GARNERS 75 CRORES IN 6 DAY PERIOD-THERE IS A MOST LIKELY CHANCE THAT GREATER NUMBER OF PEOPLE HAVE LOVED THE MOVIE....DON'T BE KIND BUT BE CONSIDERATE...

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger Rahul said…

    KK,its all coz of fan(atic)s like you that DON could do as much business as it actually did.I had gone to see how well SRK(I hope I'm being considerate here at least!!)acts under the guidance of directors of the league of Farhan Akhtar.
    The "profane" remarks here are nothing compared to what the movie really deserved and I'm capable of dishing out!!So kind of me ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home