I Think Therefore I Am

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I don't need no Education!!

The recent,multiple incidents of teachers behaving "immodestly" with their students has raised a pertinent question..What good is education if teachers themselves cannot practice what they preach??

"Education ruined me" goes a popular T-shirt slogan,and it did me too..and I dont want the same misfortune to befall millions of enterprising youngsters who enrollin schools and colleges in the hope of getting quality education..But imagine what they go through when your Science teacher says when explaining how to hold a test-tube "Hold it upright,XYZ", or PT instructor asking you to come over to his room after a strenous session in

the hot sun,asking you to make youself "comfortable"..I would never like to be caught with my "pants down" in such a situation!!

I remember those days when my "hot,unmarried" Biology Madam would request us to read the notes on "Reproductive System" becoz she was too shy to take those lessons in an all-boys classroom..Such modesty is nowhere to be seen today,even if one goes searching with a lamp!!Then,those mild comments by our English instructor drove us wild,deciphering the real intent of what was spoken about.
Gone are those days of sacred "guru-chela" relationships..Now, its the age of teachers pawing upon innocent students, who have no inkling of what fate awaits them..Is this what was taught to the teachers by their teachers?

This may be a once-in-a-blue-moon incident, but I wonder how many of such incidents go unsaid..The alarming rise in the reporting of such cases needs to be investigated.

Till then, I'll go back thinking about my Bio teacher!!

Muah...
Rahul

1 Comments:

  • At 1:12 PM, Blogger Rahul said…

    Shalz- "Hot Bio teachers" need to run away scared if there were more of my tribe of "like-minded" students..Whats happening now is the exact opposite..Guess I should go back to school and teach all a lesson!!

    Navneet- Kaash, we could have all the education as you wished for..honhar ka pata nahin lekin maza bahut aata!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home