I Think Therefore I Am

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Crazy Me

Am I a jerk? Why do people call me crazy?
Is it because I bet to run in my office naked if France goes on to win the Football World Cup 2006? What would have happened if that by-now (in)famous Zidane head-butt had not transpired? Thankfully,my colleagues were spared the embarassment of witnessing that "once-in-a-lifetime" spectacle.

Is it because I can listen to the same Himesh song zillions of times,playing it in repeat until the next "God" song does not hit the charts? Poor souls,my cubicle mates who have to constantly bear my nasal twang as I hum the ghost-inspiring "Jhalak Dikhla Ja" song!!

Is it because of my ability to sit in the loo for an hour or more,reading each newsitem in the newspaper/magazine..or playing lawn-tennis for three continuous hours on a hot Bangalore Saturday morning,banging my favorite 1.5grand racquet for not playing as well as I presume I'm capable of.

Is it because I plan to get myself pierced in the nose and a Nazi tattoo in the neck?Or irritated with myself in a carrom match, I hit and break the false wall in the office..or because I buy scores of DVDs and never take the pains to watch even one of them.

Or walking home 2.6 kms away at 12:30 in the night, all alone with stray dogs barking in appreciation of my nocturnal trip across dimly-lit lanes and dingy,winding streets.

Or when on last Valentines Day, I wrote a love-letter to my college mate,with the choicest mushy-cushy KJ-esque film dialogues I could envision, with a CC to my closest friend on whose instigation I undertook this weird act.As an aftermath,I became famous in my circle of pals for having a crush on that "poor" girl..If she's reading it by any chance, the truth is now out in the open and she can rest assured that this dickhead was not the least bit serious.

The list goes on endlessly...........

My personal take on this,I care the damn about what the world thinks of me as long as what I think is correct,and that may not always be correct..but if one can stand up to his beliefs,words and actions which are not in conformance with worldly norms, should one be tagged "crazy"??

I assume I'm not being too crazy in expecting my double-digit and expanding-by-the second fan-followers to post their views and opinions!!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger Rahul said…

    Now I know I'm not crazy all alone,I have "elite" company..Seems we have quite a few things of common interest.
    Thanx for ur comment Shalz..Kabhi Alvida na Kehna to me and my posts!! ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home