I Think Therefore I Am

Sunday, September 03, 2006

3rd Time Quit and 4th Restart

I did it once again..I quit smoking again for 24 long hours for a bet of 200 INR (a magananimous amount considering my by-now universally-known perpetual "bhikhari" state).Seems someone is trying desperately hard to reform this "devil"..to put some sense into this spoilt brat, but let it be known to all and sundry that in trying to do that, one may himself/herself get spoilt.

The bet happened when I begged everyone who had the honour of having lunch with me to loan me some bucks to buy a pack of cigarettes..And that was it!!The good samaritan in one of the poor souls tried to help me out by placing a bet that if i dont smoke for one day, I will be richer by 200 bucks.And the deal was done right there right then!!Who the f*()ing shit in this world would not accept that..200 bucks would buy me 6 packs of Gold Flake Kings that would last me close to a week,if not less.
The stakes were raised subsequently..If I didnt smoke for a month,I would win one grand..I was like "Honey, its not about money!!". If one reposes enough faith in you that one will take your word, the stakes do not matter..What matters then is how important,how "special" I feel you to be, and how far I'm willing to go to live upto the promises made.
Since quitting having fags for a month is close to impossible for this addicted soul now, even if I try my hardest, I proposed an equally difficult, indecent proposition to the other party(Indecent by my standards is usually like running naked in public and you wouldnt want to read the others here, I believe) which I'm sure will be politely refused, unless the other side is equally, if not more crazy as me, which I
doubt any mortal in this eight-planet Universe (Pluto was recently demoted to being a dwarf planet) will be equal to.

Then, someone tried to reform me asking me to have proper meals (Asking would be very cordial, pleading would drive home the point closer)..I don't remember having breakfast since eons and people were concerned about my health..But you know I've to keep my beautiful,svelte figure slim and trim, so this is my small contribution towards that end..My bulging tummy seems to be increasing in girth by the day, so I'm trying to be wafer-thin like Victoria Beckham, Kate Moss(Oh I love her for her dope act!!) and other supermodels.

Guess I can't go too far to live up to your "decent" expectations, but I still believe I made you a little happier by quitting for a day.And I'm happy too I could make someone somewhere feel important enough to have a say in my life in what I do.

--The reformed but unreformed sadist.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger Rahul said…

    I dont know if that someone is really "sweet" or not,coz the sooner my terms of the deal are finalised, the better.
    But your ultra slim Samsung is really very fortunate to be so close to u all the time ;-).

    I'm really privileged to have another blog devoted anti to what I think..lets see how far you can carry this forward.Best of luck.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home