I Think Therefore I Am

Thursday, August 31, 2006

The world of (s)craps

By now,everybody must have heard of orkut,friendster, hi5 and fropper..For the "Yeh PSPO nahin janta" similar type of junta who haven't heard of the above dating/friendship/social networking sites,I really pity them for they have missed out on some of the most happening action for quite some time.Orkut, from the Google stable was started by an enterprising Google employee..Google employees are free one day per week to think of innovative ideas,and one among the bright lot developed this service.
One of the first members by request,I believe, joining more than two years ago..and the site has undergone a hell lot of developments since the nascent days of its inception..It was the next logical step after the success of batchmates, schoolmates.com.But with success comes its flipsides("FlipSyde" used to be my favorite music communities as long as I was active in orkut)..Perverts(and that
doesn't include me by any stretch of imagination, even though my blogs seem to convey that!!I'm a seedha-sadha baccha) used it to morph images of hot girls (or members of the opposite sex, as i prefer to call them),viruses sent through scraps,bogus communities created to spread canards and what not!!

There have been quite a few instances when I've had a blast on orkut...Orkut's really addictive,coz it provides people avenues to meet others with similar tastes and preferences..When i wrote something inappropriate (and my bad is worse than what civilisation would call decent) on apna Dada (I'm a big fan of Dada and Hakla,those close to me know how I can kill (for) them provided a chance), I received a couple of scraps from my Bong friends giving me the choicest expletives..But they were no match to the vast expanse of my *&^% vocabulary..I replied in kind asking them to discuss in an appropriate forum and not pester me personally.Then there was the occassion when my dear friend wrote a scrap in one of my teammate's scrapbook,and then there was a huge "kaand" coz of that,the details of which cannot be divulged to avoid offending someone close.

Finally,I took the drastic step of deleting my orkut profile!!My fans cried bucketloads of tears literally,my friends were extremely disappointed,everyone begged me but like Angad, i was not to be moved from my determined effort..For better or worse,its been more than two months since that cataclysmic event.

Note: For those who want to remain in touch (and those are very few) can leave me a scrap..oh sorry,drop me a message at rahul.kr@gmail.com..I guarantee that if its worth a reply,you'll get one and if it's not,you'll still get an even unworthy scrap in return, and I bet you don't want that!!
(This section has been written on special request..Readers seem to like my footnote more than the contents of my blog, so I've now decided to henceforth write the blog in my footnote.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home