I Think Therefore I Am

Friday, August 18, 2006

Spam: Now and Then

I am appalled at the low quality of spam that I get lately..A few years ago,my Yahoo inbox being inundated with mails with subject lines as:
"Male organ enhancement :click here"
"want hot se#? chat with Cathy,Booby &&&&&&& and view their webcam "
"Erectile dysfunction problem?? take thse pills at an affordable 1000$ each"

Today,with all major mail services putting spam blockers into place,the spam that I get is:
Re: &*^$#%&*)&
Re: Bang is wanna noun try test
and similar subjects which make my head go round trying to infer WTF they want to convey.

I would have been willing enough to open spam earlier..After all,which normal male in his right senses would not like his organ enhanced or watch/chat hot girls??
while the situation now is who in his right senses would like to open mails which make no sense even in the subject line.
Once I did receive a mail in my Inbox (f%^& those spam filters) from a Nigerian national requesting me to give my bank account details and Social Security Number because he wanted to share his wealth with poor souls like me..I now wonder how he figured out my pecuniary state of being constantly bankrupt..Must have read my blog!!Thats good news coz it means there is a new addition to the growing tribe of my blog-readers!!(at last count, I figure it was a staggering figure of two!!)
I was enticingly tempted to reveal the details..coz what harm can one do when my account almost always shows minimum balance..

While I was in a quandary what to do, my Lead came over to my desk "requesting" me to complete some urgent work he required, and so I dropped the idea..Who knows, maybe I would have been a billionaire by now,distributing my hard-earned wealth for the benefit of anti-prostitution,anti-drugs,anti-smoke campaigns(Plz ignore anti here!!)
Those good old days of spam!!

Note: Please don't "spam" my virgin blog with your unwanted comments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home