I Think Therefore I Am

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

My take on Gangster

Lest I be misunderstood to be a Bollywood buff,I had made a conscious decision some time back not to pen down a movie review..But its been such a long time since my readers were devoid of a stupendous review, that today,I finally decided to give vent to my latent film critic's abilities..So, here you find me writing shit about the latest movie I watched,Gangster.The movie from the Mahesh Bhatt stable starred Emraan "Kissme",Kangana and Shiney Ahuja, with ultimate music by "God" Resham-miya.

Atypical to the movie title,there is no bloody gore here la "D" and "Company"..Nor the gangster akin to "Shahabuddin" or "Chotta Shakeel"..Almost the entire "phillum" proceeds in flashback with a bar-girl Kangna recounting her past..How she met and fell in love with a gangster played by Shiney of "Hazaron Khwaishein Aisi" fame (Sorry, my readers!!my transient memory forces me to remember the names of characters as long as Gatlin takes to create the world-record in 100 mts!!)..But as in all Hindi films,the hero has to leave her alone in the "big,bad world" to escape the police and rival ganglords.

This solitude is broken by the grand entry of Secret service agent-turned-"Samsung Mobile V Super Singer" Kissme who tries to "fill up the void" in her lonely life..The movie proceeds with the customary two songs,a long smooch and some hot one-night stand "scenes" until the return of the Gangster..The damsel becomes pregnant with Kissme's baby (kya performance hai bhai!!)..After losing her adopted son in a shoot-out,Kangna doesn't want Kissme's baby to live a life similar to what she experienced as a gangster's moll,she "sides" with Kissme and gets her "never-screwed-her" Gangster screwed..aha caught by the police..Perfect retribution for not screwing her for five long years while Kissme didn't even bat an eyelid to lay her!!

The twist in the tale unfolds when she comes to know of "undercover" agent Kissme's ulterior motive..He had "phansaoed" the chidiya in order to lay hands on the Gangster..The story ends with Kangna shooting Kissme and vive-versa..Both go to their heavenly abode together (May their souls rest in peace!!).

Acting by Shiney and Kissme was average,though I was really pissed off with Kangna's verbal abilities though I wonder who listens to her or looks at her "chidiya-ka-ghosla" hairdo, as all eyes are glued on her anatomy when she's on-screen..Kangna looked her role as long as she was the bar-dancer(the plunging neckline,backless cholis et al),but could not do justice as the alcoholic never-screwed Gangster's moll..The saving grace was the background score and music by God, beyond words..The movie was fultoo "Paisa Vasool"(not the film by the same name,starring one Miss Jumbo Queen Manisha Koirala..I promise to devote one of my future blogs in reverence to Manya soon..Watch out for this space!!)

Hail the God.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Apocalyptus said…

    Dude,
    Gangster's music was composed by Pritam Chakraborty, and NOT by your 'GnOD' (that is the nasal version of GOD)Himmesh.

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger Apocalyptus said…

    Dude,
    Gangster's music was composed by Pritam Chakraborty and NOT by Himmesh Reshammiya.

     
  • At 6:41 PM, Blogger Rahul said…

    Thanx for the info dev..I'm so glad to find someone on this big planet finds time to go through the shit that I pen down.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home