I Think Therefore I Am

Monday, February 07, 2005

Valentine's Day Special- My first Crush..

Valentine's Day is near..and even closer,knocking on the door is the Rose Day.
And I find myself single, and still ready to mingle!!!
That brings me to my first crush...that sweet,lovely gal I saw in my college freshman days...
How can I forget the first day I went for my classes..scared, unknown what will happen next..Ragging (or Official Introduction, whatever you may call it) was on in full swing..Our "prestigious" college was renowned for that..I took my seat alongwith a couple of my new friends in the middle rows of the hall..And then appeared a tall,slim girl in ill-fitting salwar-kurta,wearing bathroom slippers,no makeup and long hair dripping hair-oil(the ragging dress-code for the "Femme Fatale") walking graciously alongwith some other less beautiful ladies(I believe there are only two types of girls- the first is beautiful , and the other very beautiful) in tow...
I thought my engineering degree was going to be worth the trouble..my hard work preparing for the entrance exams had not gone futile...
The beautiful ladies were "forbidden" to talk to boys till the ragging period (which usually extended till the first semester exams approached).The boys were told to get "love-letters" signed from any girl..I was asked too but I couldn't muster the courage seeing the cold response meted out to few of my colleagues..
And then came the day I was eagerly awaiting for..The girls(poor luck to more harrased souls like us) were freed from ragging and they came to attend the lectures in full glamour...God, she was breathtaking..I couldn't take my eyes off her.
Lastly, we were "free"..tigers now free to roam in the jungle to catch their "prey"..I dressed up in my best clothes to impress her(a lot of my collegemates were now after her..including the seniors).Thought I would go upto her and be friends...But alas, the exams were approaching and she had decided to study at her room...My "desires" remained unfulfilled..
We talked later..were friends..And only later did I get subtle hints that "Maybe"..maybe she was interested too..
But Life went on..four years passed on swiftly...Every year, I thought I would give her a rose on Valentine's Day...
But this wish still remains unfulfilled too..We've both moved our different paths of life..hopefully to meet again somewhere in the distant future...
With this hope in my heart, I sign off..

2 Comments:

  • At 5:31 PM, Blogger Slice said…

    Wah beta Rahul Kumar kabhi bhi humein to nahin bataya 4 saalon mein yeh raaz. Aaj post bhi kiya to Web pe taaki poori duniya tumhare kisse jaan jaye... Sahi hai dost....
    Are koihai jo mere janu(rahul) ko help kar sake to jaroor karna so that he does not end up posting such messages on sites.

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Blogger Charush said…

    From one of ur blogs "I believe you need to profess your feelings to your love interest instead of repenting later....Its preferable to die once than to die slowly every moment. Give vent to ur latent emotions....the opportune moment comes only once and fleets away before the skip of a hearbeat.
    But you need to be sure that its love and not infatuation before popping up that question..." So what say now??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home