I Think Therefore I Am

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

The Joy of travelling in local buses

God I love travelling in local buses.....The thrill of boarding/alighting the bus when it is just about to stop gives me enough exercise (what with being a Software engineer, the maximum exercise I do during office hours is going to the coffee machine or the Food Court).
The jostle to get into/out of the ramshackle buses is itself an unforgettable experience. Gradually, I have mastered the art of getting into the bus while people are equally excited to alight the bus, though I've narrowly missed losing my life or limbs on a couple of occassions...My essential belongings (mobile and wallet) have been lost also once... but still I am unable to resist the temptation of aboarding the approaching red and white Metro express anytime..
Moreover, once you are inside the bus, it gives you an opportunity to learn how to survive when there's scarcity of space, when your lungs are about to blow out due to lack of breathing air.It has also improved my dancing skills...people making space to move ahead push you from one side to another.I've learnt how to sit on one butt with the other being kicked by one and all..
The art of deceiving persons also comes handy in need..I have closely observed and imbibed numerous expressions on how to cheat the bus ticket-collector(conductor to the less intelligent) of the fare.
Last, but certainly not the least, you get to meet people of myriad cultures on the bus..The bus in itself is a Mini-India, where you are sure to find a Gujju sitting comfortably with a Sardar, you can get to share a seat with a beautiful gal(my unfulfilled dream till now)..

The girl sitting in the bus awaits me now..gotta go else I'll miss the bus...

More for later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home