I Think Therefore I Am

Monday, November 08, 2004

Into the Deep

Last week, I had the wondeful opportunity of watching the 3-D documentary "Into the Deep" at the biggest cinema screen in India, namely Imax at Hyderabad with my coterie of friends.
Initally, I was a little circumspect about the movie, whether it was worth the high cost....the tickets burned a hole in my pocket for sure...
Armed with 3D goggles, as we entered the hall, it was a breathtaking experience...the ambience, decor, the digital surround sound were all fantabulous....
As we settled into the comfortable sofas (though I cud have done with some extra legspace) , the movie started. It was a visual treat for all of us...we were transported deep into the depths of the ocean.Marine flora and fauna in their natural abundance seemed to be within our hands reach. Suddenly, out from nowhere appeared fishes in all their hues and shades....of all kinds and shapes. The documentary proceeded to show us the mating habits of jellyfish; the process of shedding of a crab's skin; sharks in extreme closeups and .........................
Just as I was soaking in this wonderful experience, the movie ended...it was just as if u r watching a couple in a Hindi movie beginning to feel each other and then .... like a flash in the pan....its all over as soon as it started...
The movie was over in less than 45 minutes, but it sure lived upto...rather exceeded my expectations....Do watch it if u r bored of the run of the mill Bollywood romantics or Hollywood sci-fi's....a must see for all!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home